Pronunciation: (kôr"&thslash;ē-ye'rä sen-träl'), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/cordillera-central.html on line 71 [key]
1. a mountain range in Colombia: part of the Andes. Highest peak, Huila, 18,700 ft. (5700 m).
2. a mountain range in the Dominican Republic. Highest peak, Pico Duarte, 10,414 ft. (3174 m).
3. a mountain range in Peru: part of the Andes.
4. a mountain range in Luzon, Philippines. Highest peak, Mt. Pulog, 9606 ft. (2928 m).
5. a mountain range in central Puerto Rico. Highest peak, Cerro de Punta, 4389 ft. (1338 m).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.