Pronunciation: (kôr'du-roi", kôr"du-roi'), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/corduroy.html on line 75 [key]
1. a cotton-filling pile fabric with lengthwise cords or ridges.
2. corduroys,trousers made of this fabric.
1. of, pertaining to, or resembling corduroy.
2. constructed of logs laid together transversely, as a road across swampy ground.
1. to form (a road or the like) by laying logs transversely.
2. to make a corduroy road across or along.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.