Pronunciation: (kôr'u-nit, -net", kor'-, kôr"u-net', kor"-), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/coronet.html on line 77 [key]
1. a small crown.
2. a crown worn by nobles or peers.
3. a crownlike ornament for the head, as of gold or jewels.
4. an ornament, more or less pedimental in form, situated over a door or window.
5. the lowest part of the pastern of a horse or other hoofed animal, just above the hoof.
6. Also called crest coronet. Heraldry.a crownlike support for a crest, used in place of a torse.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.