Pronunciation: (kôr"u-lā'shun, kor"-), [key]
1. mutual relation of two or more things, parts, etc.
2. the act of correlating or state of being correlated.
3. Statistics.the degree to which two or more attributes or measurements on the same group of elements show a tendency to vary together.
4. Physiol.the interdependence or reciprocal relations of organs or functions.
5. Geol.the demonstrable equivalence, in age or lithology, of two or more stratigraphic units, as formations or members of such. Also, esp. Brit.,corelation.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.