Pronunciation: (ku-rupt'), [key]
1. guilty of dishonest practices, as bribery; lacking integrity; crooked: a corrupt judge.
2. debased in character; depraved; perverted; wicked; evil: a corrupt society.
3. made inferior by errors or alterations, as a text.
4. infected; tainted.
5. decayed; putrid.
1. to destroy the integrity of; cause to be dishonest, disloyal, etc., esp. by bribery.
2. to lower morally; pervert: to corrupt youth.
3. to alter (a language, text, etc.) for the worse; debase.
4. to mar; spoil.
5. to infect; taint.
6. to make putrid or putrescent.
7. Eng. Law.to subject (an attainted person) to corruption of blood.
to become corrupt.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.