Pronunciation: (ku-rup'shun), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/corruption.html on line 75 [key]
1. the act of corrupting or state of being corrupt.
2. moral perversion; depravity.
3. perversion of integrity.
4. corrupt or dishonest proceedings.
6. debasement or alteration, as of language or a text.
7. a debased form of a word.
8. putrefactive decay; rottenness.
9. any corrupting influence or agency.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.