Pronunciation: (kOO-toor'; Fr. kOO-tyr'), [key]
1. the occupation of a couturier; dressmaking and designing.
2. fashion designers or couturiers collectively.
3. the clothes and related articles designed by such designers.
4. the business establishments of such designers, esp. where clothes are made to order.
1. created or produced by a fashion designer: couture clothes.
2. being, having, or suggesting the style, quality, etc., of a fashion designer; very fashionable: the couture look.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.