—adj. kō'vurt, kuv'urt; n. kuv'urt, kō'vurt), [key]
1. concealed; secret; disguised.
2. covered; sheltered.
3. Law.(of a wife) under the protection of one's husband.
1. a covering; cover.
2. a shelter or hiding place.
3. concealment or disguise.
4. Hunting.a thicket giving shelter to wild animals or game.
5. Also called tectrix. Ornith.one of the small feathers that cover the bases of the large feathers of the wings and tail. See diag. under bird.
6. See covert cloth.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.