Pronunciation: (krak'ur), [key]
1. a thin, crisp biscuit.
2. a firecracker.
3. Also called crack'er bon'bon. a small paper roll used as a party favor, that usually contains candy, trinkets, etc., and that pops when pulled sharply at one or both ends.
4. (cap.) Sometimes Disparaging and Offensive.a native or inhabitant of Georgia (used as a nickname).
5. Slang (disparaging and offensive). a poor white person living in some rural parts of the southeastern U.S.
6. snapper (def. 5).
7. braggart; boaster.
8. a person or thing that cracks.
9. a chemical reactor used for cracking. Cf. catalytic cracking, fractionator.
crackers, Informal.wild; crazy: They went crackers over the new styles.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.