Pronunciation: (kraft, kräft), [key]
—n., pl. crafts or, for 5, 8, craft,
1. an art, trade, or occupation requiring special skill, esp. manual skill: the craft of a mason.
2. skill; dexterity: The silversmith worked with great craft.
3. skill or ability used for bad purposes; cunning; deceit; guile.
4. the members of a trade or profession collectively; a guild.
5. a ship or other vessel.
6. a number of ships or other vessels taken as a whole: The craft were warned of possible heavy squalls.
7. aircraft collectively.
8. a single aircraft.
to make or manufacture (an object, objects, product, etc.) with skill and careful attention to detail.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.