Pronunciation: (krēm), [key]
1. the fatty part of milk, which rises to the surface when the liquid is allowed to stand unless homogenized.
2. a soft solid or thick liquid containing medicaments or other specific ingredients, applied externally for a prophylactic, therapeutic, or cosmetic purpose.
3. Usually, creams. a soft-centered confection of fondant or fudge coated with chocolate.
4. a purée or soup containing cream or milk: cream of tomato soup.
5. the best part of anything: the cream of society.
6. a yellowish white; light tint of yellow or buff.
7. cream of the crop, the best or choicest: a college that accepts only students who are the cream of the crop.
1. to form cream.
2. to froth; foam.
3. Informal.to advance or favor only the wealthiest, most skilled or talented, etc., esp. so as to reap the benefits oneself: Management is creaming by advancing only the most productive workers.
4. Also,cream one's jeans. Slang (vulgar).
a. to have an orgasm, esp. to ejaculate or experience glandular lubrication of the vagina.
b. to be overcome, as in rapturous admiration or delight.
1. to work (butter and sugar, or the like) to a smooth, creamy mass.
2. to prepare (chicken, oysters, vegetables, etc.) with cream, milk, or a cream sauce.
3. to allow (milk) to form cream.
4. to skim (milk).
5. to separate as cream.
6. to take the cream or best part of.
7. to use a cosmetic cream on.
8. to add cream to (tea, coffee, etc.).
a. to beat or damage severely; lambaste.
b. to defeat decisively.
c. to accomplish, esp. to pass (a test or course), with great ease and success: She creamed the math test, getting the highest grade in the class.
of the color cream; cream-colored.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.