Pronunciation: (krē-āt'), [key]
—v., -at•ed, -at•ing,
1. to cause to come into being, as something unique that would not naturally evolve or that is not made by ordinary processes.
2. to evolve from one's own thought or imagination, as a work of art or an invention.
3. Theat.to perform (a role) for the first time or in the first production of a play.
4. to make by investing with new rank or by designating; constitute; appoint: to create a peer.
5. to be the cause or occasion of; give rise to: The announcement created confusion.
6. to cause to happen; bring about; arrange, as by intention or design: to create a revolution; to create an opportunity to ask for a raise.
1. to do something creative or constructive.
2. Brit.to make a fuss.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.