Pronunciation: (krē'chur), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/creature.html on line 73 [key]
1. an animal, esp. a nonhuman: the creatures of the woods and fields; a creature from outer space.
2. anything created, whether animate or inanimate.
3. person; human being: She is a charming creature. The driver of a bus is sometimes an irritable creature.
4. an animate being.
5. a person whose position or fortune is owed to someone or something and who continues under the control or influence of that person or thing: The cardinal was a creature of Louis XI.
6. Scot. and Older U.S. Use.intoxicating liquor, esp. whiskey (usually prec. by the): He drinks a bit of the creature before bedtime.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.