Pronunciation: (krēk, krik), [key]
1. U.S., Canada, and Australia.a stream smaller than a river.
2. a stream or channel in a coastal marsh.
3. Chiefly Atlantic States and Brit.a recess or inlet in the shore of the sea.
4. an estuary.
5. Brit. Dial.a narrow, winding passage or hidden recess.
6. up the creek, Slang.in a predicament; in a difficult or seemingly hopeless situation.
Pronunciation: (krēk), [key]
—pl. Creeks, (esp. collectively) Creek.
1. a member of a confederacy of North American Indians that in historic times occupied the greater part of Alabama and Georgia.
2. Also called Muskogee. a Muskogean language that is the language of the Creek Indians.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.