Pronunciation: (krip'ul), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/cripple.html on line 79 [key]
—n., v., -pled, -pling,
1. Sometimes Offensive.
a. a person or animal that is partially or totally unable to use one or more limbs; a lame or disabled person or animal.
b. a person who is disabled or impaired in any way: a mental cripple.
2. anything that is impaired or flawed.
3. a wounded animal, esp. one shot by a hunter.
4. Carpentry.any structural member shorter than usual, as a stud beneath a window sill.
5. Delaware Valley.a swampy, densely overgrown tract of land.
1. to make a cripple of; lame.
2. to disable; impair; weaken.
Carpentry.jack1 (def. 29).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.