Pronunciation: (krok'u-dīl"), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/crocodile.html on line 75 [key]
1. any of several crocodilians of the genus Crocodylus, found in sluggish waters and swamps of the tropics.
2. any reptile of the order Crocodylia; crocodilian.
3. the tanned skin or hide of these animals, used in the manufacture of luggage and accessories, as belts, shoes, and wallets.
4. Chiefly Brit.a file of people, esp. schoolchildren, out for a walk.
5. Archaic.a person who makes a hypocritical show of sorrow.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.