—n.krôs'chek", -chek', kros'-), [key]
1. to determine the accuracy of (something) by checking it with various sources.
2. Ice Hockey.to execute a cross-check on (an opponent).
1. the act of cross-checking.
2. a means of cross-checking: I examined contemporary newspaper reports as a cross-check on his account.
3. Ice Hockey.an obstructing or impeding of the movement or progress of an opponent by placing the stick, with both hands, across the opponent's body or face. Cf. check (def. 42).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.