Pronunciation: (krôs'bär", kros'-), [key]
1. a horizontal bar, line, or stripe.
2. the horizontal bar forming part of the goal posts, as in football and soccer.
3. a horizontal bar used for gymnastics.
4. a horizontal bar that rests on uprights and that an athlete must clear in performing the pole vault or high jump.
5. a horizontal line in some letters of the alphabet, as in capital H.
6. the horizontal top bar on the frame of a man's bicycle.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.