Pronunciation: (kroch), [key]
1. a forking or place of forking, as of the human body between the legs.
2. the part of a pair of trousers, panties, or the like, formed by the joining of the two legs.
3. a piece of material serving to form a juncture between the legs of trousers, panties, etc.
4. a forked piece, part, support, etc., as a staff with a forked top.
a. an area 4½ in. (11.4 cm) square at each corner of a billiard table.
b. the situation in which both balls to be struck by the cue ball are within this area.
6. Naut.crutch (def. 6).
7. the area of a tree at which a main branch joins the trunk.
8. the wood from such an area; crotchwood.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.