Pronunciation: (krō'foot"), [key]
—pl. -foots for 1, 2, -feet for 3–6.
1. any plant of the genus Ranunculus, esp. one with divided leaves suggestive of a crow's foot; buttercup.
2. any of various other plants with leaves or other parts suggestive of a bird's foot, as certain species of the genus Geranium.
3. caltrop (def. 1).
4. Naut.an arrangement of several bridlelike ropes rove through a suspended euphroe to support the backbone of an awning at a number of points.
5. Motion Pictures, Television.a three-legged device placed under a tripod to keep the camera from slipping.
6. (on an architectural or engineering drawing) a V-shaped mark the apex of which is a reference point.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.