Pronunciation: (kub), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/cub.html on line 75 [key]
—n., v. cubbed, cub•bing.
1. the young of certain animals, as the bear, lion, or tiger.
2. a young shark.
3. a young and inexperienced person, esp. a callow youth or young man.
4. a young person serving as an apprentice.
5. See cub reporter.
6. See cub scout.
7. (cap.) Trademark. Aeron. any small, light monoplane with a high wing, a single engine, and an enclosed cabin.
1. to work as a cub reporter.
2. (of a female bear, lion, tiger, etc.) to give birth to a cub or cubs.
3. to hunt fox cubs.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.