Pronunciation: (kyOO'bik), [key]
1. having three dimensions; solid.
2. having the form of a cube; cubical.
3. pertaining to the measurement of volume: the cubic contents of a vessel.
4. pertaining to a unit of linear measure that is multiplied by itself twice to form a unit of measure for volume: cubic foot; cubic centimeter; cubic inch; cubic meter.
5. Math.of or pertaining to the third degree.
6. Crystall.belonging or pertaining to the isometric system of crystallization.
Math.a cubic polynomial or equation.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.