Pronunciation: (kyOO-nē'u-fôrm", kyOO'nē-u-), [key]
1. having the form of a wedge; wedge-shaped.
2. composed of slim triangular or wedge-shaped elements, as the characters used in writing by the ancient Akkadians, Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, and others.
3. written in cuneiform characters: cuneiform inscription.
4. Anat.noting or pertaining to any of various wedge-shaped bones, as of the tarsus.
1. cuneiform characters or writing.
2. a cuneiform bone. Also,cuniform.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.