Pronunciation: (kûrs), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/curse.html on line 73 [key]
—n., v., cursed or curst, curs•ing.
1. the expression of a wish that misfortune, evil, doom, etc., befall a person, group, etc.
2. a formula or charm intended to cause such misfortune to another.
3. the act of reciting such a formula.
4. a profane oath; curse word.
5. an evil that has been invoked upon one.
6. the cause of evil, misfortune, or trouble.
7. something accursed.
8. Slang.the menstrual period; menstruation (usually prec. by the).
9. an ecclesiastical censure or anathema.
1. to wish or invoke evil, calamity, injury, or destruction upon.
2. to swear at.
3. to blaspheme.
4. to afflict with great evil.
5. to excommunicate.
to utter curses; swear profanely.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.