Pronunciation: (kut'ing), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/cutting.html on line 75 [key]
1. the act of a person or thing that cuts.
2. something cut, cut off, or cut out.
3. Hort.a piece, as a root, stem, or leaf, cut from a plant and used for propagation.
4. something made by cutting, as a recording.
5. Chiefly Brit.a clipping from a newspaper, magazine, etc.
6. Brit.a trenchlike excavation, esp. through a hill, as one made in constructing a highway.
1. that cuts; penetrating or dividing by, or as if by, a cut.
2. piercing, as a wind.
3. wounding the feelings severely; sarcastic.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.