Pronunciation: (dag'ur), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/dagger.html on line 73 [key]
1. a short, swordlike weapon with a pointed blade and a handle, used for stabbing.
2. Also called obelisk. Print.a mark (†) used esp. for references.
3. look daggers at, to look at angrily, threateningly, or with hate.
1. to stab with or as if with a dagger.
2. Print.to mark with a dagger.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.