Pronunciation: (dam'usk), [key]
1. a reversible fabric of linen, silk, cotton, or wool, woven with patterns.
2. napery of this material.
a. Also called dam'ask steel'. See Damascus steel.
b. the pattern or wavy appearance peculiar to the surface of such steel.
4. the pink color of the damask rose.
1. made of or resembling damask: damask cloth.
2. of the pink color of the damask rose.
1. to damascene.
2. to weave or adorn with elaborate design, as damask cloth.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.