Pronunciation: (där'kun), [key]
1. to make dark or darker.
2. to make obscure.
3. to make less white or clear in color.
4. to make gloomy; sadden: He darkened the festivities by his presence.
5. to make blind.
1. to become dark or darker.
2. to become obscure.
3. to become less white or clear in color.
4. to grow clouded, as with gloom or anger.
5. to become blind.
6. darken someone's door, to come to visit; make an appearance: Never darken my door again!
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.