Pronunciation: (dôb), [key]
1. to cover or coat with soft, adhesive matter, as plaster or mud: to daub a canvas with paint; to daub stone walls with mud.
2. to spread (plaster, mud, etc.) on or over something: to daub plaster on a brick wall.
3. to smear, soil, or defile.
4. to apply, as paint or colors, unskillfully.
1. to daub something.
2. to paint unskillfully.
1. material, esp. of an inferior kind, for daubing walls.
2. something daubed on.
3. an act of daubing.
4. a crude, inartistic painting.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.