Pronunciation: (daz'ul), [key]
—v., -zled, -zling,
1. to overpower or dim the vision of by intense light: He was dazzled by the sudden sunlight.
2. to impress deeply; astonish with delight: The glorious palace dazzled him.
1. to shine or reflect brilliantly: gems dazzling in the sunlight.
2. to be overpowered by light: Her eyes dazzled in the glare.
3. to excite admiration by brilliance: Once one is accustomed to such splendor, it no longer dazzles.
1. an act or instance of dazzling: the dazzle of the spotlights.
2. something that dazzles.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.