Pronunciation: (ded'lē), [key]
—adj., -li•er, -li•est,
1. causing or tending to cause death; fatal; lethal: a deadly poison.
2. aiming to kill or destroy; implacable: a deadly enemy.
3. like death: a deadly pallor.
4. excruciatingly boring: The dinner party was absolutely deadly.
5. excessive; inordinate: deadly haste.
6. extremely accurate: Annie Oakley was a deadly shot.
1. in a manner resembling or suggesting death: deadly pale.
2. excessively; completely: deadly dull.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.