Pronunciation: (dek"lu-rā'shun), [key]
1. the act of declaring; announcement: a declaration of a dividend.
2. a positive, explicit, or formal statement; proclamation: a declaration of war.
3. something that is announced, avowed, or proclaimed.
4. a document embodying or displaying an announcement or proclamation: He posted the declaration in a public place.
a. a formal statement presenting the plaintiff 's claim in an action.
b. a complaint.
c. a statement, esp. by a witness.
d. a statement made to an official.
a. Bridge.a bid, esp. the successful bid.
b. the statement during the game of the points earned by a player, in bezique or other games.
7. a statement of goods, income, etc., esp. for the assessment of duty, tax, or the like.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.