—adj., v., -at•ed, -at•ing.
1. carefully weighed or considered; studied; intentional: a deliberate lie.
2. characterized by deliberation; careful or slow in deciding: a deliberate decision.
3. leisurely and steady in movement or action; slow and even; unhurried: a deliberate step.
to weigh in the mind; consider: to deliberate a question.
1. to think carefully or attentively; reflect: She deliberated for a long time before giving her decision.
2. to consult or confer formally: The jury deliberated for three hours.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.