Pronunciation: (del'yOOj, -yOOzh, del'OOj, -OOzh, di-lOOj', -lOOzh'), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/deluge.html on line 83 [key]
—n., v., -uged, -ug•ing.
1. a great flood of water; inundation; flood.
2. a drenching rain; downpour.
3. anything that overwhelms like a flood: a deluge of mail.
4. the Deluge.See flood (def. 3).
1. to flood; inundate.
2. to overrun; overwhelm: She was deluged with congratulatory letters.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.