Pronunciation: (dem"u-lish'un, dē"mu-), [key]
1. an act or instance of demolishing.
2. the state of being demolished; destruction.
3. destruction or demolishment by explosives.
4. demolitions,explosives, esp. as used in war.
1. of, pertaining to, or working with explosives: A demolition squad attempted to blow up the bridge before the enemy captured it.
2. of or pertaining to tearing down or demolishing: Demolition work had begun on the old building.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.