Pronunciation: (dē'mun), [key]
1. an evil spirit; devil or fiend.
2. an evil passion or influence.
3. a person considered extremely wicked, evil, or cruel.
4. a person with great energy, drive, etc.: He's a demon for work.
5. a person, esp. a child, who is very mischievous: His younger son is a real little demon.
7. Australian Slang.a policeman, esp. a detective.
1. of, pertaining to, characteristic of, or noting a demon.
2. possessed or controlled by a demon.
var. of demono- before a vowel: demonism.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.