Pronunciation: (di-skrīb'), [key]
—v.t., -scribed, -scrib•ing.
1. to tell or depict in written or spoken words; give an account of: He described the accident very carefully.
2. to pronounce, as by a designating term, phrase, or the like; label: There are few people who may be described as geniuses.
3. to indicate; be a sign of; denote: Conceit, in many cases, describes a state of serious emotional insecurity.
4. to represent or delineate by a picture or figure.
5. Geom.to draw or trace the outline of: to describe an arc.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.