Pronunciation: (dī'u-lôg", -log"), [key]
—n., v. -logued, -logu•ing.
1. conversation between two or more persons.
2. the conversation between characters in a novel, drama, etc.
3. an exchange of ideas or opinions on a particular issue, esp. a political or religious issue, with a view to reaching an amicable agreement or settlement.
4. a literary work in the form of a conversation: a dialogue of Plato.
1. to carry on a dialogue; converse.
2. to discuss areas of disagreement frankly in order to resolve them.
to put into the form of a dialogue. Also,di'a•log".
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.