Pronunciation: (dī"u-pā'zun, -sun), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/diapason.html on line 83 [key]
1. a full, rich outpouring of melodious sound.
2. the compass of a voice or instrument.
3. a fixed standard of pitch.
4. either of two principal timbres or stops of a pipe organ, one of full, majestic tone (open diapason) and the other of strong, flutelike tone (stopped diapason).
5. any of several other organ stops.
6. a tuning fork.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.