Pronunciation: (dif'i-kul"tē, -kul-tē), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/difficulty.html on line 73 [key]
1. the fact or condition of being difficult.
2. Often, difficul•ties. an embarrassing situation, esp. of financial affairs.
3. a trouble or struggle.
4. a cause of trouble, struggle, or embarrassment.
5. a disagreement or dispute.
6. reluctance; unwillingness.
7. a demur; objection.
8. something that is hard to do, understand, or surmount; an impediment or obstacle.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.