—adj.di-fyOOs'), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/diffuse.html on line 83 [key]
—v., -fused, -fusing,
1. to pour out and spread, as a fluid.
2. to spread or scatter widely or thinly; disseminate.
3. Physics.to spread by diffusion.
1. to spread.
2. Physics.to intermingle by diffusion.
1. characterized by great length or discursiveness in speech or writing; wordy.
2. widely spread or scattered; dispersed.
3. Bot.widely or loosely spreading.
4. Optics.(of reflected light) scattered, as from a rough surface (opposed to specular).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.