Pronunciation: (dig'ur), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/digger.html on line 73 [key]
1. a person or an animal that digs.
2. a tool, part of a machine, etc., for digging.
3. (cap.) Also called Dig'ger In'dian. a member of any of several Indian peoples of western North America, esp. of a tribe that dug roots for food.
4. an Australian or New Zealand soldier of World War I.
5. (cap.) Eng. Hist.a member of a group that advocated the abolition of private property and began in 1649 to cultivate certain common lands.
6. Slang.a person hired by a scalper to buy tickets to a show or performance for resale by the scalper at inflated prices.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.