Pronunciation: (dij'i-tl), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/digital.html on line 73 [key]
1. of or pertaining to a digit or finger.
2. resembling a digit or finger.
3. manipulated with a finger or the fingertips: a digital switch.
4. displaying a readout in digital form: a digital speedometer.
5. having digits or digitlike parts.
6. of, pertaining to, or using data in the form of numerical digits.
7. Computers.involving or using numerical digits expressed in a scale of notation to represent discretely all variables occurring in a problem.
8. of, pertaining to, or using numerical calculations.
one of the keys or finger levers of keyboard instruments.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.