Pronunciation: (di-rekt'lē, dī-), [key]
1. in a direct line, way, or manner; straight: The path leads directly to the lake.
2. at once; without delay; immediately: Do that directly.
3. shortly; soon: They will be here directly.
4. exactly; precisely: directly opposite the store.
5. without intervening space; next in order: The truck was parked directly behind my car.
6. openly or frankly; candidly: He didn't hesitate to speak directly about his debts.
7. Math.in direct proportion.
as soon as: Directly he arrived, he mentioned the subject.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.