—n.dis'kôrs, -kōrs, dis-kôrs', -kōrs';
—v.dis-kôrs', -kōrs'), [key]
—n., v., -coursed, -cours•ing.
1. communication of thought by words; talk; conversation: earnest and intelligent discourse.
2. a formal discussion of a subject in speech or writing, as a dissertation, treatise, sermon, etc.
3. Ling.any unit of connected speech or writing longer than a sentence.
1. to communicate thoughts orally; talk; converse.
2. to treat of a subject formally in speech or writing.
to utter or give forth (musical sounds).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.