Pronunciation: (dis"u-lOO'shun), [key]
1. the act or process of resolving or dissolving into parts or elements.
2. the resulting state.
3. the undoing or breaking of a bond, tie, union, partnership, etc.
4. the breaking up of an assembly or organization; dismissal; dispersal.
5. Govt.an order issued by the head of a state terminating a parliament and necessitating a new election.
6. death; decease.
7. a bringing or coming to an end; disintegration; decay; termination.
8. legal termination, esp. of business activity, with the final distribution of assets, the fixing of liabilities, etc.
9. Chem.the process by which a solid, gas, or liquid is dispersed homogeneously in a gas, solid, or, esp., a liquid.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.