Pronunciation: (di-strest'), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/distressed.html on line 75 [key]
1. affected with or suffering from distress.
2. (of merchandise or property for sale) damaged, out-of-date, or used.
3. (of real estate) foreclosed and offered for sale.
4. (of furniture) purposely blemished or marred so as to give an antique appearance.
5. (of fabric) made or processed to appear faded or wrinkled, as if from long, steady use: Our best-selling jeans are the ones in distressed denim.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.