Pronunciation: (di-vûr'su-fī", dī-), [key]
—v., -fied, -fy•ing.
1. to make diverse, as in form or character; give variety or diversity to; variegate.
2. to invest in different types of (securities, industries, etc.).
3. to produce different types of (manufactured products, crops, etc.).
1. to invest in different types of industries, securities, etc.
2. to add different types of manufactured products, crops, etc., esp. to a business.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.