Pronunciation: (doj'ur), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/dodger.html on line 73 [key]
1. a person who dodges.
2. a shifty person, esp. one who persistently evades a responsibility, as specified: tax dodger; draft dodger.
3. a leafhopper.
4. a small handbill; throwaway.
5. Chiefly South Midland and Southern U.S.See corn dodger.
6. Naut.a shield, as of canvas, erected on a flying bridge to protect persons on watch from wind, flying spray, etc.
7. Australian.a large slice, lump, or portion of food, esp. of bread.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.