Pronunciation: (du-mes'tik), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/domestic.html on line 75 [key]
1. of or pertaining to the home, the household, household affairs, or the family: domestic pleasures.
2. devoted to home life or household affairs.
3. tame; domesticated.
4. of or pertaining to one's own or a particular country as apart from other countries: domestic trade.
5. indigenous to or produced or made within one's own country; not foreign; native: domestic goods.
1. a hired household servant.
2. something produced or manufactured in one's own country.
3. domestics,household items made of cloth, as sheets, towels, and tablecloths.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.